Birthing From Within® Childbirth Preparation Classes
In Denver Colorado
Are you seeking a mindful way to prepare for your baby?
Birthing From Within® Childbirth Preparation classes provide expecting couples with tools that they will need to move through the unknowns of labor with presence and compassion.
Birth preparation isn't just learning the nuts and bolts - although that is a part of it! it's an emotional, psychological and physical preparation that takes time, courage, curiosity and patience. My Birthing From Within Birth classes meet you wherever you are on your journey to becoming a family and then offers guidance through your questions, inquiries, excitement and celebration of becoming parents.
Inspired by the landmark books by Pam England: Birthing From Within and Ancient Maps for Modern Birth and Ina May Gaskin's Guide to Childbirth, Rebecca's classes are solution-oriented, experiential and useful in guiding parents through what they will need to birth mindfully.
These inclusive, explorative, and compassionate classes welcome all variations of family structures and viewpoints. We truly believe there isn't ONE way to birth!
Rebecca's 4-week Birthing From Within
Childbirth Preparation Classes cover:
- Mindful, breath-centered pain-coping practices, useful to BOTH parents during labor and birth
- The stages of labor + what it might look like emotionally, physically, & psychologically
- Exploring & supporting father/partner's role as the guardian of the birth space including offering ways they may support mamas and themselves wholly through each stage of the process
- Hands-on practice for physical comfort in labor including labor and birth positions and using a Rebozo
- How to ask questions of + get information from care providers & create a supportive birth environment WITH them
- Medical pain-relief, including the Epidural + how to know when those options might be helpful
- Cesarean birth options/Family-Centered Cesarean plans
- Pushing + how to use your breath & body to guide your baby out
- Immediate postpartum care (entire family)
- Setting up a postpartum plan + entering life as a family with support
Curious what Birthing From Within Classes
might be like?
Birthing From Within® Childbirth Classes
AT THE MAMA'HOOD DENVER (2902 ZUNI ST. DENVER CO)
Wednesdays from 6-9pm
- October 17th- 7th (filling up fast!)
- Nov 28th - Dec 19th
Praise for Rebecca's Classes
What Parents are Saying about Rebecca's Birth Classes
"I just wanted to pop in and say thank you. You came to our house for a private birthing class and we learned so much. I had a great home birth, and got to catch my baby myself. We went into the birth with no fear and just let ourselves experience it all and now we will forever treasure this memory. My FAVORITE thing to use during my contractions was the rebozo! [My husband] was a master at it & it helped so much! Thanks to you!!" - Private Session Mama
[We] are so grateful to Rebecca for the immense teaching and mentoring leading up to this occasion. Our confidence in the birth process and our ability to work as a team was truly made possible by this class. We walked away from the birth feeling so satisfied and content with all of the decisions we made. - Mama'hood parents
"The birth experience was beautiful and perfect and everything I could have ever wished for. My water broke at midnight and [our baby] was in my arms at 4:49 a.m. I felt empowered and guided throughout the entire experience. I didn't use any medication and while pain was all encompassing, [we] used all of the tools that we practiced in your class. I remember using Edges the most. There was nothing that could prepare us, though, for the huge wave of love... it's indescribable. She's amazing. Thank you, Rebecca. For all of your guidance." - Mama'hood Parents
“We do indeed feel prepared for the birth. I'm glad we took your class relatively early - now we have some time to reflect on what we learned... It was a great way for us to connect us a couple too - we feel we learned some valuable tools for being a team during the birth. We missed having class last week!” - Mama'hood parents
"Rebecca demystified the birthing process for my partner and I, and I feel confident and empowered that I will be able to have the best birthing experience possible because of the training and information she provided." - Christine & Mark, Lafayette